In the Mistlands, the dead rest uneasy. Some say the swirling mists that cover this entire land are truly the spirits of the dead, wandering through the living world in search of warmth. Others say the mists are the exhalations of undead warriors, trapped beneath the ground until they can escape. Even if the mists are only mundane, the heroes will fight countless enemies as they try to escape the Mistlands, and some will rise from death to charge into battle again and again.
The Chains that Rust is the seventh expansion for Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition). It is a small box expansion that can also be combined with Mists of Bilehall, to be played as a single long campaign.
- 8 Monster Figures, consisting of:
- Terrify Condition with tokens
- 9 Act II Shop Items
- 3 Relics
- X Tainted Cards
- 3 Act II Lieutenant Cards with corresponding tokens
- Monk (Scout, Healer-Hybrid) 
- Battlemage (Mage, Warrior-Hybrid) 
- Steelcaster (Warrior, Mage-Hybrid) 
- Watchman (Healer, Scout-Hybrid) 
The new condition added in this expansion is Terrified, previously also added in Mists of Bilehall.
- Act II Items:
Set Icon Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/11/the-chains-that-rust/
- ↑ https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/1/available-this-week-5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/6/the-undead-rise
- ↑ https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/21/the-scourge-1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/20/branching-out