Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the darkest depths of Terrinoth, an ambitious overlord gathers his minions to lay siege on the world above. Only a small band of heroes, gifted with courage and power, will be able to save the land from the cold grip of domination. Now is the time to venture into the dark and unravel the overlord's plot before it's too late...
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) is an epic board game of dungeon-delving adventure for 2-5 players. Packed with valorous heroes, dangerous monsters, magical relics, and exciting quests, Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) delivers heroic adventure in a world of high fantasy.
Building on the successful legacy of the first edition, Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) re-imagines the classic experience with an epic campaign system and accessible rules for dynamic tactical combat. Through a series of engaging, story-driven adventures, our heroes must gather power and experience in preparation for a climactic final showdown with a cunning overlord. Alternatively, players may select one of the included quests for a stand-alone game experience.
With 39 plastic figures, over 200 cards, nearly 50 map tiles, and much more, Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) is the perfect gateway to unending adventure!
Differences from the first edition of Descent include:
- Simpler rules for determining line of sight
- Faster setup of each encounter
- Defense dice to mitigate the tendency to "math out" attacks
- Shorter quests with plenty of natural stopping points
- Cards that list necessary statistics, conditions, and effects
- A new mechanism for controlling the overlord powers
- Enhanced hero selection and creation process
- Experience system to allow for hero growth and development
- Out-of-the-box campaign system
|Pages of Interest|